Thursday 7 May 2009

SCRIBBLES

I am quite puzzled how right-thinking Malaysians can submit to the mystical power of pawang and bomoh.

I cannot further believe that a politician could have reduced his stature to frame his political opponent and accuse him of resorting to such a move.

It just goes to show how low a person can go to accuse his nemesis of subscribing to the service of shamans. By the same token, it may mean he is also capable of such acts if he were to think of it in his enemy.

Imagine an elected representative with the religious status of an ustaz, could have resorted to this.

There are several friends who have suggested that I ignore YB Khalil Idham Lim’s ignonimous act because it was an act of a desperate person.

However, I felt it is my duty to explain and deny the accusation because it involves the very fundamental tenets of one's faith in Islam.

It is about the foundation of Tauhid (oneness of God) that is being questioned and this is especially unthinkable for a Muslim, because believing in a being other than Allah or associating with powers other than God Almighty is tantamount to syirik.

In Islam syirik is one of the seven major sins. To my friend YB Khalil Idham, I would like to advise him not to resort to such an act. We may differ in our political principles and views, but to accuse one’s belief in God is crossing the line.